Participants in the STB Short Course are not exempt from campus parking regulations. If you are planning to park on campus during the Short Course, you will be emailed a free visitor permit to be used in the General Staff campus parking lots.
Approximately one week before the beginning of the Short Course, a visitor parking permit will be emailed to you to print and place in your vehicle. Visitor parking permits are valid only when placed in the drivers side of the front windshield facing forward. Permit is granted to the person registered for the Short Course and is not transferable to any other person or vehicle.
- Visitor permits are only valid for the days printed on the permit.
- Visitor permits are only valid in General Staff lots – Map. (Suggested lots for the STB Short Course: #41, 79, 68)
- Not valid in red reserve lots/spaces or in RH Staff lots.
Pay for Parking
Pay for parking is also an option on the Iowa State University campus.
- Pay for parking can be located at the Memorial Union Parking Ramp. Entrances are from the south off of Lincoln Way and from the North off of Union Drive.
- There are also three main lots on campus that are pay-by-the-hour:
- Lot 100 is on the east side of campus near the Lied Rec Center.
- Lot 21 is on the west side of campus, next to the Armory.
- The East Campus Parking Deck is located on Union Drive near Forker Building, or across from East and Heady Halls.
- There are also meters in several of the lots on campus. Please read the signs and time limits on the meters carefully.